This ice cream was rich, flavorful and creamy. Like the So Delicious Coconut Milk Minis, the texture, consistency and taste are close to that of dairy ice cream, but with an added coconut milk flavor. While soy milk based ice creams can sometimes be a little unpleasant due to a subtle, lingering soy flavor, the coconut flavor in this Purely Decadent selection actually contributes nicely to the taste. This ice cream also doesn't suffer the typical problems of a rice milk based ice cream which can sometimes be a little icey and hard. In contrast, this coconut milk ice cream is amazingly soft and creamy. I had been craving cookie dough ice cream for years, but had never been able to find a suitable non-dairy version until now, Purely Decadent Cookie Dough Ice Cream is definitely a new staple treat for me!
Strawberry Coconut Milk Kefir
Kefir is typically made with cultured milk, but this coconut milk, non-dairy version is very yogurt-y and wonderful. This drink has the slight tanginess and thickness typical of a yogurt smoothie and also has the added benefit of containing probiotics. Like the other coconut milk products in this line, the product has a subtle coconut milk taste which blends with the flavor of the drink nicely. Prior to trying out this drink, I had never tried kefir, but I absolutely loved this! The flavor was great and I loved the slight tanginess of the yogurt. The drink was also very refreshing and the flavor of the strawberry was very natural (not artificial tasting in the slightest) and the drink even contains some small chunks/pieces of strawberry. Delicious!
Turtle Mountain products can be found at almost all major grocery store chains (including Ralphs, Kroger, Safeway, Whole Foods, Food Lion, Wegmans & many others). Click here for a store locator.
Thanks to Turtle Mountain's generosity, I'm able to offer ONE reader of The Wide World Of:
- (3) Coupons that can be redeemed for ANY of Turtle Mountain's Dairy Free items (not limited to coconut milk items, expires 12/31/2010) and a selection of money saving coupons for Turtle Mountain's So Delicious Products!
For one extra entry each you can:
* Follow this blog via Google Friend Connect
* Subscribe to my blog via RSS or email (post your email address)
* Post this giveaway in your blog and leave a link to your post
* Tweet about the giveaway and leave a link to your tweet (you may tweet once per day)
* Enter any of my active giveaways and let me know which one
* Leave a comment on any non-giveaway posts on this blog & leave a comment letting me know which one (up to 5 extra entries)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry! Also make sure to leave your email address in one of your comments or have your email address visible in your profile.
Giveaway winner: Andie
**I was sent coupons to be redeemed for free Turtle Mountain products for review purposes and allowed to post my thoughts at my discretion. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post. All opinions expressed here are mine.**