We've moved!
Please stop by our new website Brixton Street for all our new updates.

(You will be redirected to our new site automatically in a few seconds.)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Books : Cinch! by Cynthia Sass


I was recently given the opportunity to check out an advanced copy of Cinch! by Cynthia Sass to read through and post my thoughts on here on the blog. First off, I have to admit that I've never really bothered to read any dieting books.... I have strong preference for my own "diet" that I've chosen in life: balanced meals that veggie heavy, appropriate portion sizes and of course the always-sigh-inducing regular exercise. This may not be the diet that allows me to "lose up to 7 lbs in... 5 days", but I feel that for myself this is the most rewarding, realistic and consistent way of life. That being said, Cinch! was actually a book that I found useful and interesting despite never really having intention of actually following the diet suggested by the book.

Of of my favorite aspects of the book is that it provides useful and interesting information about ingredients (what benefits they provide, their effects on the body, etc.) and also provides tips on how to use spices and other seasonings to enhance the flavors of meals. Additionally, an impressive number of recipes are included in the book (most of which sound pleasingly palatable) and, even more impressive, a good deal of those recipes are vegetarian and vegan friendly. Other than providing information about food and an abundance of recipes, a good deal of the book is dedicated to what is essentially what and how to eat... I won't go into great details about these points since this is the crux of the book, but I will say that the whole system seems incredibly doable and as about non-painful as a diet can be.

Personally, I probably won't ever find myself willing to adhere to the ingredients and recipes provided by the book as an actual way of life, but I will certainly use the recipes and absorb some of the useful tidbits of information provided. All in all, a rare work that can be of use to both dieters and non-dieters alike!

**I was provided with the product mentioned in this post free of charge. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post & was not obligated to give a positive review of the product. All opinions expressed here are mine. **

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=ebeb3aff3fe1050d7e5ea3c6aaa46fcb