We've moved!
Please stop by our new website Brixton Street for all our new updates.

(You will be redirected to our new site automatically in a few seconds.)

Saturday, January 23, 2010

snack of the day : garlic oven fries (+ recipe) !

I was running low on food (I need to get to the grocery store STAT) so I cooked up a batch of garlic fries with the staple ingredients that I had lying around (and that are always around). Not the healthiest snack, but still beats fast food. This recipe is super simple & very intuitive, so if you haven't tried making your own yet, I definitely recommend it. Also, if you have any tips on the perfect oven fries, I'd love to hear them! *Takes notes frantically*.

This is my method: Cut up 2 medium sized potatoes into wedges or strips. Personally I prefer thin strips because they seem to cook more evenly and also more quickly (I'm impatient), you also minimize the risk of a fry thats uncooked on the inside and burned on the outside ewwwwie! Toss the fries with a little bit of cooking oil (just enough to coat them).


Place the fries in a single layer on a cookie sheet (place the side with the greatest surface area down on the sheet). Set your oven to 425 and cook for 15 minutes on one side then scrape the fries off the sheet, place browned side up and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.

While you're waiting for the fries to heat up, crush 1-2 cloves of garlic and place them in a bowl. I cover mine with a little bit of oil to enhance the flavor and make my fries a little bit more soggy (gotta love those soggy fries!).

After your fries are cooked they should look something like the picture below. I was watching youtube with headphones on so I missed my timer going off, thus this batch o' fries is a little more.. well... burned.. than I'd like them to be. Note to self: don't wear headphones when cooking. Toss your fries in your garlic and top off with a sprinkle of salt.


Dip in your sauce of choice and you are doneeee. VoilĂ !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=ebeb3aff3fe1050d7e5ea3c6aaa46fcb