We've moved!
Please stop by our new website Brixton Street for all our new updates.

(You will be redirected to our new site automatically in a few seconds.)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookie baking adventure.. wheeeee!


Today was another one of those make-a-quick-snack-requiring-very-few-ingredients days. I felt like making an eggless & butterless (i.e. vegan) chocolate chip cookie, but eggless, butterless cookie recipes are few and far inbetween. However, in a time of great recipe need, my #1 go to recipe site Vegweb never lets me down.

The ingredients for this cookie: flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, chocolate chips, sugar, oil, vanilla and water. Check, check, check... got all of these things. Yes!

I made some slight variations in my cookie:
  • I added a slight bit more water then the recipe called for.
  • I used slightly less sugar than the recipe called for.
  • I used Ener-G egg replacer instead of baking soda. Which in retrospect I think makes no sense. Correct me if I'm wrong (which I am more often than not), but I believe baking soda is a leavening agent and Ener-G is a binder... but whatever, it worked!
  • Rather than chocolate chips I chopped up a bar of 70% Cacao Bittersweet Scharffen Berger Chocolate which I think helped out a ton flavor-wise.
  • I also halved the recipe for trial purposes which produced about 9 medium sized cookies, perfect for myself and a couple others as a midday treat.
  • I heated the cookies for 7 minutes on one side and about 5 minutes on the other- worked out well for me, slightly crispy (and not burned!! arg... oven fry flashback!!) on the edges and chewy in the middle.
I forgot to take pictures as I was cooking, so all you get to see is the finished result: my semi-malformed, sort of too shiny chocolate chip cinnamon cookies. They were actually very tasty (the cinnamon was great), also the perfect combination of crunch and soft! Best of all, super simple to make!

1 comment:

ss_blog_claim=ebeb3aff3fe1050d7e5ea3c6aaa46fcb